Conklin Roofing Systems have been protecting Commercial Roofs since 1977!
Conklin Roofing Systems was a pioneer in the energy-efficient cool roof industry with the creation of Rapid Roof ® in 1977, the first acrylic coating in America designed for commercial roofing applications. Acrylic roof coatings have a proven track record of success and value in nearly all climate zones, along with providing a unique balance of cost and performance over the roof system life cycle. Because acrylic roof coatings are formulated with water-based chemistry, cold temperatures limit the application season in many geographic locations. Application of standard acrylic roof coatings at temperatures between 36° F – 60° F can be problematic due to the slower rate water evaporates out of the material as it cures.
Conklin introduced EQUINOX over a decade ago as the first acrylic roof coating formulated to extend the application season into the spring and fall. EQUINOX gives commercial contractors the option to complete roof projects when the weather is typically too cool for acrylic coatings. Redesigned and reformulated with cutting-edge technology, EQUINOX significantly speeds up the evaporation of water from the acrylic coating by forming a strong curing film in the 36° F – 60° F temperature range.
Equinox® is an elastomeric, acrylic, monolithic roof coating in a bright white finish. It is designed to completely waterproof a number of approved substrates, which includes: metal roofs, spray polyurethane foam, membrane roofs and Conklin’s Fabric Reinforced.
EQUINOX is formulated for use with the following commercial roofing systems from Conklin:
• Designed for use on metal, sprayed-in-place polyurethane foam, and various types of single-ply membrane roofing
• Dark base coat for heat absorption and enhanced moisture evaporation at lower temperatures
• Energy-saving 85% solar reflective top coat
• EQUINOX needs about 20% less coating to cover the same application as traditional acrylics due to higher product solids density
• Extremely flexible and durable cured membrane provides superior waterproofing of roof system
• 10-year, non-prorated and transferable warranty programs are available for material only and material/labor options** Conklin Company Inc. offers limited warranties up to 10 years on roof systems utilizing EQUINOX that are available upon submittal and approval of warranty applications by Conklin.